Clerk of Courts
Welcome to the Shelby County, Ohio Clerk of Courts.
The Shelby County, Ohio Clerk of Courts office, as the "core of the Court," plays a vital role in serving the interests of justice. This includes filing, docketing, indexing and preserving all court pleadings for civil, felony criminal and domestic relations cases.
The Clerk of Courts office also issues summons, subpoenas, warrants to arrest and to convey to penal institutions, and signs the death warrants in capital cases.
Our office is responsible for:
- Court of Common Pleas: Receive and process filings for civil, criminal and domestic cases
- Court of Appeals: Process appeals from all lower courts within the County
- Passport Agent: Visit the Title Department page for more information
- Automobile Titles
- Watercraft Registration and Titles: Boating and Paddling in Ohio - OH Department of Natural Resources page
- Public Administration: Oversee operations of the Clerk of Courts office
- Automation and Records Management: Maintains all court records and auto titles with increased emphasis on computerization for easy public access
- Payments on existing cases may be made by credit card over the phone by calling the Clerk's Office at 937-498-7221 or in person at the Common Pleas Courthouse, 100 E. Court St., 3rd Floor, Clerk's Office, Sidney, OH 45365
- There will be 3% convenience fee charged with a minimum of $2.00 for credit cards
- Cashier's checks, money orders, and local checks will also be accepted by mail
- Checks can be made payable to “Shelby Co. Clerk of Courts.” If a check is returned for insufficient funds, you will be assessed a $35 fee and you may be charged criminally under ORC 2913.11, Passing Bad Checks